Only Clean the ones you want to keep !!!
The best investment you can make for your teeth and gum health is to get a check-up and a cleaning every six months with your City Dental Professionals.
Depending on how much plaque and tartar you have, what state your gum health is in, and whether or not you have any periodontal disease (bone loss and bone disease), There are several different types of “cleanings” that will be recommended to you.
- Prophy: If you have a relatively healthy mouth condition, you will get a regular cleaning or a “prophy”. A prophy cleans plaque on the teeth and at the gum line.
- Deep Cleaning or Gum Treatment: If you are diagnosed with having periodontal disease (bone loss), Below the gum tartar deposits, or severe gingivitis (inflammation of the gums), then you will need to get a deep cleaning to put you back in a healthy oral state. This procedure is pain-free since you will be completely numb.All surfaces of the teeth and the roots will be cleaned from all the germs, and deposits. If needed the application of localized antibiotics and irrigation with specialized medicines will also be recommended. These treatments usually can be completed in two visits , after your teeth and gums are cleaned back to a healthy state, then you will be placed on a regular check-up and regular cleaning schedule.
“Fill the cavities before they get worse”
You will need a filling for :
- Cracked or broken teeth.
- Teeth that have been worn down over time.
- Replacing unattractive metal fillings.
For any of the above reasons, a tooth-colored filling or a white filling is the best choice. They do not only match your natural teeth very well, they are also very tough and last a long time.
City Dental Doctors use the latest technologies and the latest material. They will also ensure that the procedure is pain-free.
“Forget everything you’ve heard about root canals so far…”
City Dental Doctors are trained to be extra gentle. So to you, a root canal will not have to feel any different than any other dental procedure. We are trained to minimize the pain and the recovery time of root canals.
A root canal is a common dental procedure that is performed when trying to save a damaged tooth. The interior space of the root is cleaned out, and the remaining space disinfected and filled.
“Remove the bad ones”
Your City Dental Center has specialists who have advanced training in Oral Surgery. Sometimes teeth that have been damaged beyond repair, or wisdom teeth need to be removed. This is where your highly trained City Dental providers step in and make this procedure as easy as possible for you
If you are in pain because of the damaged tooth, the extraction will immediately relieve you from the pain.
There are two types of extractions :
- A simple extraction is performed on a tooth that can be seen in the mouth. General dentists commonly do simple extractions.
- A surgical extraction is a more complex procedure. It is used if a tooth may have broken off at the gum line or has not come into the mouth yet.
Also called third molars, are often extracted either before or after they come in. They commonly come in during the late teens or early 20s. They need to be removed if they are decayed, cause pain or if they are pushing your other teeth out of alignment. They may be out of their normal position or impacted if other teeth or bone are blocking them.
These teeth often get stuck in the jaw (impacted) and do not come in. This can irritate the gum, causing pain and swelling. In this case, the tooth must be removed. Your City Dental provider will explain your situation, prescribe treatment and explain what to expect during and after the treatment.
“To Restore, Protect, and Align”
Your Dentist at your City Dental Center will use the strongest and most cosmetic material at the most affordable prices.
A crown is used to entirely cover or “cap” a damaged tooth. Besides strengthening a damaged tooth, a crown can be used to improve its appearance, shape or alignment. Porcelain, zirconia, or lava crowns are the latest technologies that can be matched to the color of your natural teeth.
The difference between us and others is that we make all the latest technologies and the best techniques affordable for you.
Our dentist may recommend a crown for you for the following reasons:
- Replace a large filling when there isn’t enough tooth remaining
- Protect a weak tooth from fracturing
- Restore a fractured tooth
- Attach a bridge
- Cover a dental implant
- Cover a discolored or poorly shaped tooth
- Cover a tooth that has had root canal treatment
“Bridge the Gaps”
Bridges are designed to permanently replace any missing tooth or teeth. They will improve your smile, replace missing teeth, and make it easier to eat the foods you like.
Gaps left by missing teeth eventually cause the remaining teeth to rotate or shift into the empty spaces, resulting in a bad bite. The imbalance caused by missing teeth can also lead to gum disease and temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders.
As with crowns, you have a choice of materials for bridges. Your City Dental Doctor and Staff will help you decide which to use, based on the location of the missing tooth (or teeth), its function, aesthetic considerations and cost. Porcelain or ceramic bridges can be matched to the color of your natural teeth.
“Get a Brand new Tooth …. or Teeth”
Dental technology has come a far way , and we at City Dental Centers ensure that we are moving along with the newest in the dental field. Dental Implants are fast becoming the best and simplest way to replace missing teeth. They used to be very costly, and it used to take a very long time for them to be completed. Not anymore!
These days , Your City Dental Providers can place and Finalize them in as little as one visit and with minimal “out of pocket” costs.
Because implants fuse to your jawbone, they provide stable support for teeth. There is no sliding or pinching. That’s the secret to the success and popularity of today’s dental implants. The Strong, comfortable, and stable nature of implants are especially important when eating and speaking. Another advantage of implants is that no adjacent teeth need to be prepared or ground down to hold your new replacement tooth/teeth in place.