On the Lookout for a Reliable, Professional Affordable Dentist in West Covina?
Looking for an affordable dentist in West Covina? It’s important to understand how to tell the difference between a great deal and a bad setup. Unfortunately, there are some bad actors in the dental industry who would seek to take advantage of a person’s need for affordable dentistry. While rare, it’s important to know how to spot dental fraud so you don’t fall victim to it. We all know that finding access to affordable, high-quality dental care can be a challenge. Unfortunately, there are some unscrupulous people in the industry who prey on people’s need for affordable services.
What is Dental Fraud?
Dental fraud is when a dental business intentionally deceives or misrepresents aspects of its treatment in order to gain unauthorized benefits. There are 3 components to dental fraud: intent, deception, and unlawful gain.
Some examples of Dental Fraud Include:
- Billing for services that are not received.
- Altering the dates of service, this is usually to do with insurance company policies that call for a waiting period before benefits are available. If an office changes the dates of service in order to take advantage of early deductible requirements, that’s fraud.
- Waiving deductibles or co-pays. On the surface, this sounds great from the customer’s perspective. However, if the dentist is failing to reduce fees to the insurance company, but isn’t collecting payments from the patient they could be inflating fees to the insurance company. This can drive up costs for policyholders as a whole.
- Misrepresenting services by diagnosing or billing procedures incorrectly. An example would be if a clinic is changing the codes to increase reimbursement from the insurance company. This can increase the patients out of pocket costs.
- Unbundling services. This is another way that clinics sneakily overcharge, by unbundling services and charging them separately. The American Dental Association (ADA) sets its billing codes according to the number of steps involved to perform each service. If the office is separating dental services into component parts that are billed separately in a way that the price is greater than the cost of a single, bundled service, it’s fraud. For example, tooth extraction should be billed as a single service, and not separated accounting for each step of the procedure.
Red Flags to Watch Out For:
As a patient, if you spot any of the following practices, it’s a big red flag that something unethical is afoot.
- They don’t ask you for your past dental records. How can they properly treat you if they don’t know your health history when it comes to your teeth?
- They recommend an extensive list of services, but a second opinion does not feel these are necessary.
- They use a lot of overly extravagant advertising with little substance. Frequent Groupon deals, and too-good-to-be-true deep discounts.
- They refuse to show you photos that demonstrate their proficiency in performing their services on past patients.
- They recommend you remove amalgam fillings on the grounds that they are toxic. These old fillings are safe, according to the FDA. While it is sometimes necessary, other times it is dangerous to replace fillings. Use discernment.
- They use imported gear for their crowns, veneers, inlays, fixed bridges, implants, dentures, etc. It should be manufactured in the USA.
- There is no interest in you as a patient, cold or poor service, or no personal touch.
- The office is untidy or the staff seems unhappy.
- They offer free services but try to upsell you on high-ticket unnecessary work.
- Certain services such as mouth guards or sealants can be overprescribed, so seek a second opinion if you have doubts.
Affordable Dentist in West Covina
We at City Dental Center are proud to be the most affordable dentist in West Covina. We have our own in-house lab that allows creating our own custom gear for patients. This cuts down on both expenses and waiting time. Our founder Dr. Sam founded his practice with the vision to create affordable neighborhood dental centers. These offices provide the same level of service you would expect from a high-end, boutique dentist office. We feel that all patients deserve to be treated with kindness and respect. Dr. Sam believes all families deserve the highest quality, most advanced dental technology available.
Payment Plans And Financing Options
We at City Dental Center have many options for making our services affordable for patients. We have affordable payment plans available through our lending partners. Call us at (888) 624-8933 to apply on the phone or come to one of our locations to apply in person. You’ll receive an answer within minutes.
If you don’t get approved we have other solutions as well. Many of our financial partners offer no-interest loans for services that are paid in full within 18 months. This must be for purchases valued at $300 or more. A minimum monthly payment is required, and interest will be charged to your account if the balance is not paid in full within 18 months, or if you get behind on payments. We also accept payments in the form of cash, personal check, and all major credit cards. Our commitment to offering the highest quality service at the best rates makes us the most affordable dentist in West Covina. Check out our other 5 Southern California locations as well.
Visit Our West Covina Location Today
Learn more about our affordable Dentist in West Covina, and all the services we offer by booking your first appointment. We are happy to answer all your questions and walk you through your many options. We believe that all Southern California families deserve access to great dentistry. Price should not be the primary obstacle. Contact us today and we’ll make a plan that works for you.
Convenient Dentist Offices in Southern California
Doctor Sam Shahovesi and the team at City Dental Centers are here to provide our patients with the best dental services and dental surgeries for children and adults of all ages. From toddlers to seniors, City Dental Centers offers six convenient dentist offices in Southern California. We even have a dedicated children’s dentist office, City Dental Kids & Braces, to cater to the special physical and emotional needs of children.
Whether you need checkups, x-rays, braces, bonding, teeth whitening, sealants, oral cancer screenings, root canals, crowns, bridges, implants, or tooth extraction, City Dental Centers is here to make the process as easy and comfortable as possible. If you’re looking for a quality dentist that won’t break the bank, give your local City Dental Center a try today.
Contact The Nearest Dentist to You
Ready to experience the best dentists in Los Angeles? Choose one of the convenient dental offices we have surrounding LA. We have dental practices in Azusa, Corona, Lake Forest, Montclair, Pico Rivera, and West Covina. You can call our main line at (888) 624-8933 or reach out to an office directly with the information below. Alternatively, you can visit our new patients & first visits page for more info. We’re so happy you’ve chosen City Dental Centers. We can’t wait to help you along your dental journey and brighten your beautiful smile!
Dentist in Azusa, CA
Location: 483 S. Citrus Ave. Azusa, CA 91702
Phone: (626) 966-3400
Dentist in Corona, CA
Location: 161 McKinley St. STE 102, Corona, CA 92879
Phone: (951) 737-3746
Dentist in Lake Forest, CA
Location: 24602 Raymond Way #210, Lake Forest, CA 92630
Phone: (949) 461-5800
Dentist in Montclair, CA
Location: 5182 Moreno St, Montclair, CA 91763
Phone: (909) 295-3477
Dentist in Pico Rivera, CA
Location: 9400 Whittier Blvd, Pico Rivera, CA 90660
Phone: (562) 949-2526
Dentist in West Covina, CA
Location: 154 Plaza Dr, West Covina, CA 91790
Phone: (626) 962-1722